Love more. Expect more. Be more.
Valley Christian Schools exist as a flourishing faith-based education system to transform lives by loving more, expecting more, and being more.
Valley Christian School seeks to be effective in all areas of the school experience including academics, conduct, athletics, and service. Effectiveness is passion paired with competence.
Passion is unwavering enthusiasm for the subject matter, for Christian values, for teamwork, and for relationship-building.
Passion is intrinsic motivation that comes from recognition of God’s purpose and calling on individual lives. Competence is the ability to design and deliver instruction that leads to learning and ultimately impacts the lives of students intellectually, behaviorally, physically, and spiritually. Both passion and competence are only possible by the empowering of the Spirit of God. Effectiveness, then, is not only an act of service, but an act of worship. Therefore, the philosophy
of Valley Christian School is based on a commitment to effectiveness on all levels of institutional organization.
Love More through Christ-centered relationships.
Expect More through accountability and personal growth.
Be More through life transformation and service to others.
Further, distinct from other religious, parochial schools, Valley Christian School provides a trans-denominational outreach for the Christian community.
At Valley Christian School Students Will:
- Contribute to the life of the church as an integral member of the Kingdom of God
- Live as a responsible, productive member of society
- Succeed in school
- Reason with a Christian worldview
- Resist the secular worldview
- Appreciate and thrive in culturally diverse environments
- Actively influence all realms of secular society including government, science, and economics with Christian values
At Valley Christian School Students Will Know That:
- All truth is God’s truth no matter where it may be found
- A solid educational foundation in the core curriculum is essential to a successful life
- Science, technology, and faith are not in conflict; both are mutually beneficial for 21st century life
At Valley Christian School Students Will Understand That:
- God is real and loves them
- The Christian life is “livable”
- Human sinfulness should not obscure the truth of the gospel
At Valley Christian School Students Will Value:
• Cultural and socioeconomic diversity in spite of differences in tradition or expression
• Authentic relationships with God, family, and the community based on love and respect
• Mercy, Justice, and Humility (Micah 6:8)
At Valley Christian School, We Believe in a “Relational Christian Education”
Christian education is relational and as such it starts with the teacher. Relationships in the classroom are not dependent on the attitudes or actions of the students. Teachers must be secure in themselves and in their faith to ensure that they can demonstrate daily, consistent Christlikeness without expectation of response or reward. For teaching and learning, Christian education occurs when students come to a realization of God’s truth. Such realizations are not merely psychological apprehensions of inert knowledge; they are moments when students spiritually connect to the mind, heart, and truth of God. When such realizations occur, learning occurs.
The World is a Different Place Because Valley Christian School Exists:
Valley Christian School seeks to produce graduates capable of making a positive impact on all aspects of society including the family, church, and community. Graduates should be “salt of the earth,” never retreating or “hiding their light under a bushel.” Graduates should not be afraid of anything in “the world,” rather, they should understand the world and seek to transform it for the sake of the Kingdom of God. The world should be a better place because of Valley Christian School graduates.